Sunday 31 March 2013

7 Things We'll Miss in France

At the front of our apartments...

NOW in Singapore...


THEN in France


At the back of our apartments...

NOW in Singapore...


THEN in France...


7 Things that we'll miss in France:

1) The Tranquility
Singapore is just too busy, so much that I've not heard chirping birds and the hustling of the tree leaves ever since we touched down in Changi.

2) The Weather
The amount that I sweat per week in Singapore, is equivalent to the amount I do in France for a year, combined with a weekly sweat after a 45 degrees up slope jog.

3) The Colors
Singapore is filled with greens, but I'll still miss the variety of colors through the seasons in France.

4) The Language
French is a romantic language that is definitely more pleasant to the ear than singlish, especially when combined with dialects (although I must say that I love singlish for its efficiency).

5) The Landscape
There is so much to see in France, architecture from the medieval ages to renaissance, varied natural landscapes from Brittany to Midi to Provence and to the Alps.

6) The Food
Though I have an endless list of food cravings from Singapore due to her diversity, I'll definitely miss the freshness of the produce from France and a million variety of cheeses and wines to pick from.

7) Being Contented
The French place more focus on things that money cannot buy, and are contented with what they have...need I say more with how affluent Singaporeans spend and waste things? And then complain how the government is not helping them to earn more money...

With this post, I end our chapter in France...although I'll still be a perpetual student's wife in the next chapter with our little one...

1 comment:

  1. Great blogs to read~~Looking forward to your next chapter with the little one:)

    ReplyDelete